Good morning, dear friends. Yesterday there were many qualification games played for different tournaments – Europe and World Cup competition- who will qualify. But actually I was impressed by the game of Djokovic played against Isner.
What we had seen in this game? It was obvious that Isner suffered a lot from the smart passing shots, diagonals and counter-attacks of the Serbian. Actually it was a game between two giants, not only big man , but tennis players who have that power in serving and hitting the ball, that they almost could kill some one. The interesting thing here is while I was watching Djokovic , I did see some of the best moves and tricks from his opponents now and during the years.
If you want to be a good tennis player, you have to move very soft, to hit hard and to be that fast with the legs, like Mohammad Ali in the previous times of like Mike Tyson, you have to be having string wings , which will move your legs right after the ball. Djokovic is a complex machine. He has everything and had learnt a lot during the past 5 years. Let’s me show you things from my point of view:
- He was that precise and sharp as Federer in his young age. To be able to do and take best from the situation is very rare quality. This quality belongs simply to geniuses.
- He is now strong enough as Nadal, Murry and Kevin Anderson. That power , gives hi the strength to control the game in every aspect and details, no matter if he is on losing or winning run.
- His service became sharper and stronger and productive for aces. Boris Becker was a good player, obviously he is also one of the best trainers nowadays.
- Concentration – I will tell you this way, the concentration of good players helps them to see situations and game as a whole from different angles. The same is in chess, football, poker, basketball. Djokovic is smart and intelligent enough to be good in some other sports ,not only in tennis.
- 6-2 , 6-2 : when you see that result in tennis , you think that other player was injured or not motivated enough. The reason was that Djokovic is playing tennis from another dimension, from another universe.
- People, fan and supporters like him a lot. I saw the crowd yesterday in Beijing, they were crazy about him. Around the big players, there is some kind of magic around them.
- Let’s say big applause for Isner. He is not a bad tennis player. He is in the top of the standings for aces in tennis for all times. But when you have a perfectly shaped, conditioned and motivated machine- you are not able to do anything , than losing with a head up .
I was going to give you some football pick, but changed my mind, while I was thinking about the tennis game in Beijing. I am actually a fan of Nadal, but he will not soon be in the shape we are all used to see him in. The Serbian is born 575 km from where I am now writing this post and maybe we have something common. While I am sitting and writing the idea came to my mind. What we have in common is- passion. He has it for playing and winning in tennis, I have it to write for those who inspire and provoke me to write each time for the best of mankind invention- sports. Keep being the best Nole, I feel sad about Nadal and Grigor Dimitov , but when we have geniuses and smart players, all we have to do is show them respect and admiration.