Good evening , dear friends. First of all I wish you Happy New Year.In 2017 , I wish you all to have the luck to make all your dreams come true, to win in live, love and sports, to be good and generous and never to forget heroes, who makes us proud to stand and say : ” We are Bulgarians”.
What is the nature of one hero ? How a hero defines himself and what is the difference between him and the others? On my humble opinion heroes have hearts with power and energy that cure, heel or erase…. Heroes are like stars , who show the way and then just vanish in the haze or in the pure space of their beliefs and love..
When I was a small boy, my grandfather told me stories of faith , belief and great men. Those men, heroes and saints were : Vasil Levski, Georgi Asparuhov – Gundi and Dimitur Spisarevski – Spaich. The last one is the pilot and hero, which marvelous sacrifice and military braveness are studied all around the world. It is not a man , it is a super hero, who risked his life in order to safe the sky of Sofia , clear from bombs and enemy planes….
You have heard a lot about Spaich, this was the short name of this handsome warrior , given by his friends. After you read a lot about him , you find similarities with the life of Gundi:
- Both were total patriots – willing only the good times of Bulgaria. People who make everyone follow them just with a smile.
- Spaich and Gundi played for our favorite team Levski Sofia .
- Tall, handsome men – they were like movie stars. All women felt in love with them.
- As people with hearts of fire both died in accidents, Spisarevski risking and losing his life , hitting B24 fortress plane, Gundi and Kotkov died in the Alfa Romeo , near Vitinya. The fire was their life and they found death in it.
- Genius die young – Spaich at the age of 27 , Gundi at the age of 28. How many of you can imagine what national diamonds and treasures we could have , if they could live at least 20 years more ? Unfortunately God takes his angels first 🙁
- Love of the people, not only in Bulgaria – survived American pilots went to the mother of Dimitur Spisarevski to give all their medallions and orders, just to show their great respect to this demon in the sky. Also in many military books, the attack of Spaich is written and learnt till nowadays. On the funeral of Gundi there were many people and teams from abroad,even now players of his time start to cry while they whisper his name.
- Graves covered with flowers – when you have time, go in the central Sofia cemetery and see what people love means. Those two saints will never be forgotten by us, proud Bulgarians , fans of Levski and patriots.
Capitain Dimiturs Spisarevki is a rare person, it is like a candle in the wind, it is like a lake across the desert. He did all he could, because he kept in his eyes and heart the love for Bulgaria, the love for his countrymen , the love for the sky and the love for freedom and independence. He was not just a pilot, hero or marvelous saint, he is that light in the darkness of these bad times we live in. His heroic deed has come to show us , what people are we, we are and have to be always proud of our nationality – Bulgarians. So , dear captain Spisarevski ,I hope you are know with the angel smile – Gundi , somewhere watching and praying for better times for our country and for our beloved team – Fc Levski Sofia. In a conclusion, dear all my advise is never to forget our heroes , without them our lives and our mission on this planet , would be meaningless.