This is an article which appears just to say one big “thank you” to those brave 11 players form the humble Maltese team of Birkirkara. They played two brilliant games and just the roulette of penalties, took away the chance to play in the next round of Europa League.
It was a battle of David vs. Goliath. West Ham are far too good team, they have brilliant players and one very good manager in the face of Slaven BIlic , who recently was manager of Besiktas. One of the “hammers” player is favorite of mine during his stay in Lazio – Mauro Zarate. All the stats and mats did say that West Hame will not have any problems with the team from Malta. But what exactly happened:
1. Early goal and the total result was 1-1 from both games.
2. Red card for a player of West Ham in the end of the first half.
3. Second half and extra time, no goals were scored…
4. The roulette of penalties … The better team , did not win:(
5. This is why we love football.
Hands up and hats down for those 11 heroes of Malta. Good job lads, you showed the world that humble teams can do a lot and can make people talk for they grand games for a long time.