Hello, dear fellows.If this is your first time here, you will think that this is a blog only about football. Football and not so many other sports mentioned. This is totally not true.
My big love is called basketball. This is not just a game , it is magical quiz, which you try to solve with every pass, shoot, 3 points scored or just a marvelous block or rebound. It is a chess but only with one ball and 2 baskets. It is a high way with 10 athletes, who are doing remarkable things. Basketball is kind of mathematical problem, which can be solved in billions of different ways.
There is one guy from which I learnt a lot during my 6 years career as a basket player, when I was in high school. He is not just a man, but a motivation, inspiration and maybe if he could get the chance , he could and should played in NBA. All the winners and strong men from Levski sports clubs are with the name Georgi – Georgi Ivanov – Gonzo, Georgi Asparuhov – GUndi and Georgi Mladenov. I want to thank to Jor, the man who coudl score 100 points with such ease as Michael Jordan is winning his first slam dunk competition . Let’s see for what I am grateful:
- His dribble – amazing, not just because he is one of the best in the last 100 years in Europe, it is because such dribble cannot be seen anymore.
- Leadership – unfortunately we do not have such player in our football team and basket one at that time. I clearly remember during the time-outs how he was shouting and motivating his team mates.
- Spirit of the winner – like an eagle, he always sees and seeks the pray before anyone else will know what will follow.
- Resemblance with Gonzo – both of them will die, but Levski winn always win. One car scored a goal with a blood on his head, the other could shoot a 3 pointer – buzzer beater , which will leave anyone speechless .
- Ivo Ivanov and Mladen Mladenov “the teacher “- for those who do not now, the father of Joro is with his name and he learnt many people to play well and to love this game. I am mentioning the great writer and journalist Ivo Ivanov because I read one article about those two people and the basketball game in Bulgaria.
- To score 3 pointer like free-throws – this man took several times my breath. He had a magnificent right hand, yes he was a little bit selfish sometimes, but one of the best , why not the best Bg player of all times.
- The tears of the winner – I remember many times his tears from happiness and joy. The big men and basketball players cry like little kids, because when they see all their dreams come true, this is the only way t express and relief the big pressure on their shoulders. I remember when Jordan was crying , when he won his first NBA title.
Thanks Mr . Mladenov, thanks Georgi, thanks Joro you made and inspired us for big deeds. The good sportsmen is like a good book,, his experience and love with the ball an the game, stay forever in the hearts of the fans. Be good and be always inspired, my friends. Joro Mladenov had it all , hopefully we will soon have player like him.