Saturday is one of the most productive days for writing, especially when there is no sun outside. When the time is passing, you think for yourself what exactly the age is. Are we just getting older, or just getting smarter in order to help the youngsters to be better than they can imagine.
There is one slogan, which I recently met and read ” Youth has no age“. I definitely agree with these words.When you have a young, powerful and strong spirit , you can overcome all the hardness and difficulties in life, no matter if you are a professional sport player or just a modest man. Sometimes old guys are the ones that gives us light, motivations, bring back the sparkle in out eye, makes us believe in the power of a single smile and the power of making good deeds.
This article is meant to be and intended to go through the lives of some special sports men. Not just men, they were and are heroes in the eyes of different generations, because they had hearts like they were in all their active periods of play like 18 years of age boys. They were like candles , that never switched down or fell asleep. Let me introduce you some of my idols, who gave me inspiration in what I did and what I cam currently doing:
- Peter Shilton – a goalkeeper that everybody knows. He was actively playing till his 42 years of age. That guy was just brilliant in and off the pitch. Hats down for him.
- Michael Jordan – I was training basketball for over 7 years and could tell you with hand on my heart, that this man was above all limits, all gravity and all the things that you can explain. For me he is from another planet. Also he played till he was 37 years of age. Brave man and athlete, on my hunble opinion , he could participate in every single sport, he would wished for.
- Charles Barkley – the one , the man , the diamond. He was the most loved and hated player, something common like Lebron James. Sir Charles was the “sun “, not only the leader of Phoenix Suns, he was shining so bright, that even now when I am writing these words, I feel his heat.
- Diddier Droghba – a single man , who made the win in the final of Champions League agianst Bayern Munich several years ago. “The King” of Stamford Bridge , that is how public was shouting for him on his last game.
- Federer – he is currently playing, but every time I think or write about him, I remember a slogan on a game of his – ” Sh–t , genius at work”. He is working like a precisely made swiss watch. One of the best players of all times. He can hit the ball that fine, that even a computer cannot solve and calculate that good and effective hit. He is not a man of gold, he is a man of diamond value.
- Serghey Bubka – the man of whom the records ran away , just when the crowd was saying his name. One brave and very talented Ukrainian.
- Tiger Woods – this is the guy, because of whom I learned golf and understood that this game has its magic, its fans and its brilliance. He is also playing with that smile of a chess gross-master , like he knows what will happen in the next moment.
I hope you enjoyed every single row. There are names, which I did not include here. There will be many new more articles and these names will appear for some reason there. Which you a remarkable weekend.
Even if you are getting old, do not forget that you are gold, not because of your age, but because of your unique way of presence on Earth 🙂