I saw many games yesterday night. Many matches from League Europa. Everyone tried to focus our attention on the Balkan derby : Olympiacos – Besiktas, but there was one other game, which took my breath away. One game which was so intense , that at some times I had forgotten to drink from my bear.
Let’s see which was the game and what have happened, that astonished us all this way:
Lyon – Roma : result at the end was 4-2 after home team was losing the game 1-2 at half time. But the most interesting was about to come:
- Roma are one of the best team in Italy and Europe, they play very good in offense and defense. They play modern and fast football with one touch of the ball, player turn from defensive to attacking style.
- Lyon – playing like a fist. All the team of French , was amazingly good and motivated.
- Alexandre Lacazette – this man was all around the pitch. Every time he was on the appropriate place- running, stealing the ball , giving amazing passes and scoring the best goal recently, in the 92′ minute.
- To neutralize Sallah and Naingolan – this was the main motive and type of play of Lyon defense. They were so compact and strong , that in the second half team of Roma did not have that much goal opportunities.
- To believe – the team of Lyon showed to all the world fans and other sports teams, how a game can be won bit a heart, spirit and will. Will for glory.
- Eyes of Spaletti and whole team of Roma- I am 100 % sure, that they did not expected such a scenario at the end of the game.
- 12th player – the fans, the crowd, ultras or any other name on your language you can give them. They were amazing during the whole game. I am impressed.
Football games from different tournaments, can always be interesting and touching. It is about the point of view. My father used to tell me, that if you forget about everything else that surrounds you, than the game is immense. I have no other words for the game between Lyon – Roma, just superb.