Hello, dear fellows.If this is your first time here, you will think that this is a blog only about football. Football and not so many other sports mentioned. This is totally not true.
My big love is called basketball. This is not just a game , it is magical quiz, which you try to solve with every pass, shoot, 3 points scored or just a marvelous block or rebound. It is a chess but only with one ball and 2 baskets. It is a high way with 10 athletes, who are doing remarkable things. Basketball is kind of mathematical problem, which can be solved in billions of different ways.
There is one guy from which I learnt a lot during my 6 years career as a basket player, when I was in high school. He is not just a man, but a motivation, inspiration and maybe if he could get the chance , he could and should played in NBA. All the winners and strong men from Levski sports clubs are with the name Georgi – Georgi Ivanov – Gonzo, Georgi Asparuhov – GUndi and Georgi Mladenov. I want to thank to Jor, the man who coudl score 100 points with such ease as Michael Jordan is winning his first slam dunk competition . Let’s see for what I am grateful:
- His dribble – amazing, not just because he is one of the best in the last 100 years in Europe, it is because such dribble cannot be seen anymore.
- Leadership – unfortunately we do not have such player in our football team and basket one at that time. I clearly remember during the time-outs how he was shouting and motivating his team mates.
- Spirit of the winner – like an eagle, he always sees and seeks the pray before anyone else will know what will follow.
- Resemblance with Gonzo – both of them will die, but Levski winn always win. One car scored a goal with a blood on his head, the other could shoot a 3 pointer – buzzer beater , which will leave anyone speechless .
- Ivo Ivanov and Mladen Mladenov “the teacher “- for those who do not now, the father of Joro is with his name and he learnt many people to play well and to love this game. I am mentioning the great writer and journalist Ivo Ivanov because I read one article about those two people and the basketball game in Bulgaria.
- To score 3 pointer like free-throws – this man took several times my breath. He had a magnificent right hand, yes he was a little bit selfish sometimes, but one of the best , why not the best Bg player of all times.
- The tears of the winner – I remember many times his tears from happiness and joy. The big men and basketball players cry like little kids, because when they see all their dreams come true, this is the only way t express and relief the big pressure on their shoulders. I remember when Jordan was crying , when he won his first NBA title.
Thanks Mr . Mladenov, thanks Georgi, thanks Joro you made and inspired us for big deeds. The good sportsmen is like a good book,, his experience and love with the ball an the game, stay forever in the hearts of the fans. Be good and be always inspired, my friends. Joro Mladenov had it all , hopefully we will soon have player like him.
These days in Sofia is held the European Championship in volleyball. This tourney is held in two countries Bulgaria and Italy. Many games have been played and on Saturday there will be semifinal games : Slovenia –Italy and Bulgaria– France.
Today I am here to write about Bulgarian National team in volleyball. Man of honor, these are the first words I am able to say after the long night of celebration after the winning game against Germany, won yesterday night with 3-0 score. It was one of the best game, I have ever seen . There was fight and sweat, if it was another sport, maybe there would have been blood and tears on the play ground.
Both very motivated teams had appeared on the pitch , to play in front of over 13.5 k exalted fans in the Armeec Arena, Sofia. The atmosphere around the hall and in the capital of Bulgaria, few hours before the games start was like in a boiling pot, like a volcano who is about to explode any minute. If you had been a visitor of my beautiful city, you might have seen a sea, an ocean of Bulgarian national flags and many happy men and women singing the songs of victory.
Both teams have met in the preliminary stage of this tourney in Group A. It was the first match in the group and Bulgarian lions had won again with result 3-0. Great result in the first game, which was followed by 2 victories against Czech Republic and Netherlands with result 3-2.
Yesterday game was a great clash between two very smart and ambitious trainers – Plamen Konstantinov and Vital Heynen. The last one was penalized with a 80 000 Eur fine, because he said the German team deliberately lost the first game on order to face again Bulgarians and to go through the semifinals easily. But what exactly had happened:
- The hall was full with fans , who came to see and support only victorious team. They were preparing the whole day for this grand spectacle , which was about to come.
- Lions of Bulgaria vs. The Eagles of Germany. German volleyball players were ready to take revenge from the first game, which they lost. It was not just a pressure , it was like a energy and power gathered in the hall , created from some atomic energetic central.
- Both trainers have played millions of scenarios in their heads , the night before the game. Here I would like to say few words about Plamen Konstantinov. He was one of the best Bulgarian volleyball players, but not only my opinion is that he is about to be one of the best coaches not only in Europe, but in the World. He is smart, sensitive, sees the game in every little aspect and detail. He reminds me of the big chess gross masters , who have the feeling and the skills how to provoke their opponents and to predict moves, this way – that they would be able to win at the end with elegance and intelligence. Bravo ,Plamen ! You are more of a hero.You are the engine and brain of the team.
- Nikolay Penchev – if a true lion has 2 hearts and nine lives, this Bulgarian hero has 5 hearts and 11 lives. His father died one day before this important game. You can imagine how hard was for him to stand on the pitch and to play. After the winning of the game , all the boys from National team dedicated the victory to NIki’s father.
- National anthem of Bulgaria – all the players and public sang as one. Even though you do not realize the words and the meaning of this great song, you can shiver and stand stoned , while you see the harmony and unification of players with their fans, and all together as proud Bulgarians.
- Vlado Stoyanov – 38 years of age captain. This man, this gladiator, this lion showed the world what and how the Bulgarian spirit looks like. He is most of a warrior, he is genius who has no age. In some of his killing points scored , the German trainer was looking so helpless. It is not only the professionalism , it is the will to show to the youngest that you worth.
- We are playing against France on Saturday. Maybe we will win, but if we are playing the same way as yesterday night. We will definitely be on the final.
Dear friends, I wish you all to live that emotion. It does not matter if it is on volleyball, basketball or football. The sport has one great quality – to unite people and to give them power for great things, if you wish innovations. Support your national team and believe. When you believe in your boys, they become not only soldiers but the bravest warriors.
Hello, dear readers. As I promised , I will give some prognosis of mine of today Euro 2016 qualifiers stage. There are some very interesting games, in which anything can happen. Sometimes , you can blame your knowledge or luck, that your predictions are far away from the final result.
Today we will try to be one, as a team, winners, predictors and good bettors. Usually , the best punters count their yield or ROI at the end of some period i.e 3 months, 6 months or a year time. We do not have that wide range for now, so the counting should be done after the ending of the last match predicted. Let’s see what I have prepared for you today:
- Azerbeidjan – Croatia : Croatians are the only unbeaten team in this qualification stage. They have wide number of stars : Mandjukic ,Perisic , Surna, Kovacic , Brozovic and Modric. Actually they have one of the most talented team on the Balkans and in whole Europe. My expectations are for total over game. Croatians do play very attractive and high -scoring game. I do remember the game of their against Norway at Maximir. 5-1 was the smallest result for the team of Norway that they could get. My prediction is for 5-0 victory for team of Croatia.
- Belgium – Bosnia and Hercegovina : here the favorite obviously is the team of Belgium ( Fellaini and Hazzard can score at any moment, not forgetting the brilliant Tiboux Curtoais). In the team of Bosna has a brilliant goal-scorer in the face of Dzeko. He is now in perfect shape and is also a perfect goal master. My expectations here are both teams to score and Belgium to win at the end. Also over 2.5 goals line is definite to be backed.
- Bulgaria – Norway : the main problem for Ivaylo Petev is the goal- keeper position. Both main figures are injured and Bojidar Mitrev will be playing today for the home squad. The previous team between those two teams was lost by Bulgarians in Oslo with result 1-2. Today is the match of the truth for the home team, if they make a draw result or lose this one, they will have no chance for the Euro 2016. The team of Norway is very tough one and I am positive that they will score a goal. At the end victory will be for Bulgarians.
These are my betting tips for today. Maybe you already have some of your own. It’s worth trying mine as well. Wish you all the best, for all the rest , we will count on goals and brilliant football played by our favorites.